Monday 28 December 2009

Christmas



Hello and merry Christmas.

Here's another post and a little something we did in the last few weeks.

It's an ad we made for FrenchColwell and as you can see it gave Craig and David a chance to try something nice and fifties looking.
I'm really happy with it and surprised it only took the three of us ten days.
~
There's another ad coming in the New Year from Christian Johnson, but in the meantime we're trying to think up plot lines for a character Craig has designed.
I'm really into 'Six Men of Fortune ' by the Brothers Grimm, but as Terry Gilliam used it in 'Baron Munchausen' I'll have to keep looking.
~
SHORT FILM STUFF
The script weekend went really well. We were taken through the mechanics of scriptwriting by a script editor called Andy Ross.
He showed us how to work out what kind of script we had rather than writing one to a formula.
The most enjoyable part was probably the 90 minute speed pitching session.
On the downside I realized pretty early on that I didn't have a working ending, but on the upside that everything else did exactly what was needed.
If I timed the pitch just right I could finish before the none ending and leave on a huge cliffhanger. Which was lovely.
I think we've fixed the ending now and added a few more twists, but I'll find out in mid-January.

No comments:

Post a Comment